Sunday, August 14, 2011

Taking A Break

I'm taking a break from my break.  That's right, I'm on vacation from my oh-so-strenuous, unemployed (by choice) life in Portland.  The perfect 80 degree summer weather wasn't good enough for me, so I hopped on a plane to the Atlanta, where the humidity will make your face melt, and cause you to throw tantrums more suitable to my almost two year old niece.  I, of course didn't throw a tantrum.  I just quietly melted while enjoying my time with my brother and his family.  After spending a few days in Decatur, catching up with a good friend from culinary school and visiting various playgrounds and the Children's Museum in Atlanta with my beautiful nieces, my sister-in-law and I drove with the girls to Beaufort, South Carolina so that we could celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.  Now that they've gone the house is too quiet, the toys have been picked up and I have my hammock to myself.  I'll see you in a few days, Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment